Saturday, June 6, 2009

3 more down

This has been such a great weekend to focus so much time on just reading--all those books that I have wanted to readd, had sitting around, and the ones people suggested to me during the past 2 weeks when I told them I was doing this challenege.

I read Someone Named Eva which was a about a young Czech girl who was turned into one of Aryan nation by the Nazis and is in danger of losing her identity completely. This was very good.

The Sacrifice was about the Salem witch trials, focusing mainly on one family and how they were impacted. This was another good recommendation from our school librarian.

Leepike Ridge is one that I normally wouldn't have read, but I included it in my stack that I was picking up. The cover is quirky and such a great perspective. The story was about a strange house, a mom and son, with the son going missing, and then treasure hunting. A hodgepodge of a story.

Well, back to reading. I hope to knock off 3 more before I go to sleep for a few hours.

2 comments:

  1. I agree the Challenge has provided a great opportunity for reading, reading, reading! And I have enjoyed "getting to meet" other reading colleagues on the websites and blogs, fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete